Sunday, December 5, 2010

Malvan - Tarkarli

Malvan has been in my dreams from my childhood days. One of my childhood friends was from Malvan and the way he had explained the rustic charm of the nature of Malvan made it a must visit destination. However as I grew up this dream was faded away.

In October, I was browsing the Kulvrutant site and saw that our kula’s original place is Malvan. The moment I saw Malvan, I decided that we all must visit this place as early as possible. So we finalized to extend our Diwali holiday. We decided to cut short our yearly visit to in-laws by a day and visit Malvan. So the dates were finalized 12 Nov to 14 Nov. However this gave us no rest day before we join office after the Diwali holiday. Anyway the thought of visiting Malvan was sufficient and gave me enough energy to go on this sojourn. Since this was our first visit to Malvan I had no clue about the stay options. I searched internet for hotels in Malvan. I saw a very good site Konkan Paryatan (www.konkanparyatan.com) having many options. I was afraid that we might not get booking anywhere since this was a peak period. First I tried couple of home stays however rooms were unavailable. Then I called up Patkar’s Heritage home owned by Mr gurunath Rane. Rooms were available so I quickly booked 2 rooms. The charges were 700 Rs per person per day including stay, breakfast and dinner.
Patkar’s Heritage
Mr Gurunath Rane
2513, Bangiwada, Dr Vaze road, Behind Mama Varerkar theatre, Malvan
Phone: 02365-251680, 9403938318

Preparation Day i.e. day 0
We returned from our in-laws on Wednesday. On Thursday I spent the day cleaning Silver Arrow...Swift (which was very dirty because of earlier long trip) and taking some rest. Wife arranged clothes, food items and bag packing. I charged the camera battery, handy cam and ensured that both are working fine. We decided to leave home at 5:00 pm. We had dinner early and hit bed by 10:30. I noted down the route and expected distance between important milestones. I studied the route multiple times and made sure that the map is in my mind :) I could hardly sleep and kept thinking about NH4, winding roads of konkan, fresh smell of ocean air.
Route finalized-
Pune-Satara-Kolhapur-Gaganbawda-Talere Naka-Kankavli-Kasal-Malvan
Places visited-
1. Mahalaxmi temple, Kolhapur
2. Medha ganesh mandir, Malvan
3. Rock garden, Malvan
4. Chivla Beach, Malvan
5. Deolwada (Shree Narayan temple, Shree Rameshwar temple, Sateri devi temple)
6. Rameshwar mandir, Aachare
7. Rameshwar mandir, Kandalgaon
8. Tarkarli Beach, Malvan
9. Malvan market
10. Bhagawati Devi temple, Dhamapur

No comments:

Post a Comment